The Terrapin Hide
Whether you want to capture priceless images of wildlife from the centre of the waterhole or simply sit quietly, immersing yourself in your surroundings, the water-level Terrapin Hide at Jaci’s Lodges is proud to offer this unique vantage point. Our friends at Pangolin Photo Safaris assisted with the design and construction of the hide, ensuring its position and functionality for a truly unique game-viewing and photographic experience. The hide is visited by a wide variety of animals and birds, and, thanks to its unique location, you can sit quietly and watch them coming down to drink as if you weren’t even there.
- The Terrapin Hide, open since September 2015, has established Jaci’s Lodges as a premium photographic safari destination
- Its west-facing orientation guarantees soft morning light and warm backlit silhouettes in the late afternoon
- Accessible via an underwater tunnel, the hide is open 24 hours a day
- It is fully equipped with red LED interior lights, spotlights and a radio
- It is open to all guests of Jaci’s Lodges
We love to receive images from our guests who have taken advantage of the amazing photographic opportunities that our lodge and the magical Madikwe Game Reserve offer. Our field guides and resident photographic experts are also a constant source of inspiring photography. It is our pleasure to share a selection of these with you.
Photographic Equipment Hire
Guests at Jaci’s are able to make use of the lodge cameras while staying with us. Whether you require a camera for a particular day’s drives or would like to make use of one for the duration of your stay, we are happy to be able to offer our guests access to this quality photographic equipment.
Camera kit for hire:
Gimpro game viewer mount
Rate: R1250.00 per camera for use on two game drives / 1 day