We recently launched our new specialised photographic residency at Jacis Lodges, hosted by Professional Wildlife and Nature photographer, Andrew Aveley in the Madikwe Game Reserve. There are many reasons to visit Jaci’s Lodges, but here is a list of 10:
1) 24/7 access to the Terrapin Hide- unique water level shooting angle capture exceptional images of animals drinking from the Jaci’s Waterhole where the hide is located.
2) Photographic Safari Vehicle, with its Gimpro Game Viewer Single Pano Head mount providing you with incredible stabilisation & range of motion.
3) Professional level DSLR cameras with variable focal length lenses for guest use on the photographic vehicle – perfect for shooting everything from birds to mammals whilst in the field or Terrapin Hide
4) Specialised instruction from the renowned wildlife and nature photographer, Andrew Aveley, or Jaci’s traine photographi guide, Anja. Learn all about the operation of the camera, photographic principles & get creative insights into each sighting.
5) Editing lounge – post processing & image development tuition in either lightroom or DPP from Andrew Aveley.
6) Complimentary SD card with your images captured whilst on the hosted photographic drive – no need for transferring.
7) Andrew Aveley residencies throughout 2016 – 8 sessions – ranging from 10 – 14 days each in addition to a childrens photographic safari & being a photographic guide on the much anticipated Maydikwe Photo Festival.
8) Abundance and variety of wildlife – such as Brown & Spotted Hyena, Black & White Rhino, endangered Wild Dogs, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah and more – all being seen regularly.
9) Prolific birdlife – 411 recorded species – a twitchers paradise.
10) Choose between Jaci’s Tree Lodge or Jaci’s Safari Lodge- each with amazing food, efficient and friendly service – enjoy being in the gorgeous south African bushveld, eating under the stars